Aggrebond PC is a 100% active soluble fatty acid amine adhesive / anti-stripping agent designed for use as an aggregate precoat to improve binder / aggregate adhesion in spray seal surface dressings.
Aggrebond PC can overcome the poor bond between the binder and aggregate which occurs due to the presence of moisture or dust at the interface of the two surfaces. Stripping can also occur due to a weak chemical attraction between the binder and the aggregate due to incompatible polarities.
Aggrebond PC has been specifically designed to form a strong bond with the aggregate. During this process, moisture is displaced and once the Aggrebond PC has adhered to the aggregate the asphalt resists stripping by water.
Application rates for AGGREBOND PC vary depending on local conditions and aggregate type.
AGGREBOND PC should be generally included into precoat at a rate of 1% and into cutback bitumen at a rate of 0.5% by volume of the binder.
Individual lab testing is recommended for optimization of dose rate on actual local aggregate. Testing should include addition rate of AGGREBOND PC over a range 0.25—1.0%
In-tank mixing of the product can be achieved by simple pump circulation.
Note: Industry standards and specifications for application take precedence and should always be adhered to where applicable
• Permitted for use in NSW, Vic, Tas, SA, WA and NT.
• Approved by MRWA and DPTI and conforms to RMS QA specifications 3258 & 3259 .
• Concentrated product (100% active) that contains no diluents.
• High performance & cost effective.
• Remains liquid and easily pumpable at low temperature
• Good heat stability in hot bitumen.
• Can offer a lower binder requirement resulting in lower construction costs.
• Can provide improved adhesion performance in damp conditions.
• The effect of reduced stripping of aggregate over the long term can extend road life
and result in lower maintenance costs
• Low odour and simple to use for operators and personnel.
• Description Alkyl Imidazoline .
• Appearance (20°C) Amber liquid* .
• Solids by weight 100%.
• Specific Gravity (20°C) 0.95 .
• Odour Amine .
• Amine Value 320 mg KOH/g .
• Pour Point <0°C.
Flash Point >150°C
* may become hazy or show waxy sediment on cooling. It remains chemically unchanged and can continue to be used normally. It will return to its normal liquid state on warming.
AGGREBOND PC may be stored up to 12 months when kept in sealed containers between 4°C and 35°C. .
Avoid exposure to air for prolonged periods as a film or crust may form on the product surface .
Avoid freezing and prolonged exposure to heat.